Female Sexual Health Screening
Female Sexual Health Screening and Smears
Smears are performed using liquid based cytology. The patients receiving or Requesting a smear will be offered testing for HPV (human papilloma virus) and Chlamydia at the same time (HPV is responsible for the majority of cervical cancer).
Female Comprehensive Sexual Health Screen
- High vaginal Swab for lower genital tract infections including Ureaplasma and mycoplasma.
- First catch urine sample for herpes 1 and 2 by PCR (only if clinically indicated) extra charges apply.
- Syphilis test (IgG/IgA), also hepatitis B surface antigen and HIV antibodies 1 and 2. Hepatitis C antibody test.
- Testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea via Urine or swab.
- The fee includes the initial consultation fee and telephone consultation or letter regarding results.
Female Partial Sexual Health Screen
- No blood test.
- Testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea and HPV via urine or swab.