Occupational Health Services
What sets us apart from other Occupational Health providers is that we represent the human side of medicine. Our registration with the Care Quality Commission which means we can treat, manage and care for your employees as individuals, as well as relating to your working environment.
Many of our occupational health clients say how much they have been helped by their occupational consultations here. Whilst our occupational work is contracted by organisations, companies and workplaces, the patients and employees themselves, when they attend our practice, find enormous help from another listening ear that can pull their medical history together and make many different suggestions concerning other options for medical management and well-being.
If you take a look at the integrative medical section of our website, you will see how much knowledge we have with respect to getting people better. Therefore, our consultations are not only about getting a person back to work, but about improving the quality of their lives both at home and at work through the integrative nature of our practice. Here we find solutions to medical health and disease, which are of a much broader nature.
Medicine is excellent at coping with the 10% of symptoms related to actual disease but here we also promote the power of the individual to beat their own illness through changes to lifestyle which are very deep-rooted in nature. This type of medicine is called biological systems medicine. Therefore, rest assured, that when you send your employees to us, we will not only answer your questions from an occupational perspective, but we will be doing our best to help push patients in the right direction for those 90% of difficult situations and symptoms that have not been addressed by ordinary medicine.
We offer private occupational health appointments to help you protect and promote the health and well-being of your employees, creating a healthier workplace and workforce. Ensuring your employees receive proper occupational healthcare will protect and enhance your image and reputation as a good employer.
Many companies have also used us for their executive medical checkup provision and also as a private GP service to executives. If you would like to know more, contact us and we can organise a lunchtime meeting with one of our GPs who can talk you through the processes and provision.
- Provide early intervention to help prevent staff being absent for health-related reasons
- Provide critical support to the process of effective absence management and increase the number of staff returning to work earlier.
- Improved opportunities for employees to recover from illness whilst still at work.
- Fulfil statutory requirements by having access to ‘competent’ occupational health care provision to ensure that the health of staff and others is not adversely affected by their work.
Occupational Health Services provided by us include:
- Asbestos Medicals
- Audiometry (for manufacturing, factory and warehouse employees)
- Audit of existing health services
- Blood Tests
- Dermatology Testing (eg for employees working with chemicals, foodstuff etc)
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Ergonomic work station assessments
- Employee health checks (nurse led or doctor led)
- Executive health checks (nurse led or doctor led)
- Eyesight Testing (eg for Fork Lift Truck Medicals)
- Fit for Work Medicals (eg for Medicals for the Construction Industry)
- Flu vaccinations
- Fork lift truck medicals
- Health Checks for senior managers and other employees
- Health promotion: design & delivery of health promotions, e.g. – stress, RSI, etc.
- HGV Medical
- Insurance reports (e.g. medical reports for income protection insurance claims)
- Long Term Sickness Absence Medicals
- Medical testing: urine tests, blood tests, hearing tests (‘audiometry’), vision testing, lung function testing (‘spirometry’), etc.
- Neuro-Psychological Assessments
- Occupational Health Assessments
- Offshore Oil & Gas Medicals
- Overseas Travel Medical
- Pandemic Flu / Bird Flu advice
- Planning for a Pandemic Flu or Avian Flu attack
- Pre-Employment Medicals
- Pre-Employment Questionnaires
- Psychological Assessments
- Rehabilitation programmes: advice to enable employees to return to work, etc
- Sexual Health Infection Testing
- Sickness Absence Medicals (nurse led or doctor led)
- Stress Management
- Telephone support for managers, supplying specific medical advice
- Travel Immunisations
- Vision Testing
- Work at Height Medicals
Line managers may seek advice for:
- Frequent incidences of short term absence
- Long term sickness absence where there is no foreseeable return to work date
- Where an employee is returning to work after illness
- A general lack of performance, possibly due to underlying medical condition
- Correct clinical recording of injuries following an accident at work
- Managing sickness absence
- HGV driver medicals
We provide Occupational Health services to companies and professional firms. We provide a wide range of occupational health services designed to fit your budget and healthcare needs. This includes Pre-Employment Medicals, Employment Medicals and HGV Medicals.
If you are interested in our occupational health services please contact us to book an appointment.