Functional Medicine is a personalized approach for patients, dealing with the primary prevention and underlying causes of Chronic Disease. It is a science-based field of health care. It involves a full understanding of the biochemistry of the body and allows us to understand fully your body chemistry right down to it’s genes. This can be used along side traditional medicine to diagnose and treat a wide variety of symptoms and illnesses. Functional medicine gets to the root of the problem and can help in all kinds of situations, and in some cases as an alternative to drug based therapy.
Are You At Risk?
Research estimates that 70-90% of the risk of Chronic Diseases can be attributed to lifestyle. This means that what you eat, how you exercise, what your spiritual practises are, and how much stress you have in your life, may increase your risk of Chronic Disease.
Common Chronic Diseases
Diet, overweight, lack of exercise and smoking account for over 70% of stroke and colon cancer, 80% of coronary heart disease, and over 90% of adult-onset diabetes.(Willet,WC.Science,2002:296,695-697)
How Do We Use Functional Medicine In Order To Help Our Patients?
We integrate science, research, and clinical insights to treat and prevent disease and maintain a healthy lifestyle for our patients.
Therapeutics and Prevention Strategies include:
- Dietary and Activity Changes
- Targeted Nutrients
- Encouraging You to be in charge of Improving Your Own Health
- Detoxification Strategies
- Physical Medicine Intervention Programme
- Stress Management Programmes
- Greater Feelings of Well Being
- Improved Physical Health
- Helps Prevent and Treat Illnesses More Successfully
- Feeling more energetic
- Combines very well with Drug Based Therapy
- Supports you to Facilitate Life Changes
- Is Specific to Your Body
- Gives you a Healthier Heart and Digestive System
- Provides Excellent Results especially for Chronic Illnesses