- Blood Tests and Immunity Tests
- Child Developmental Service From Birth to 18 Years of Age
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Immunisations/ Vaccinations and Injections
- Functional Medicine & Nutrition
- Health Checks
- Integrated Therapies
- Mental Health
- Occupational Health Medicals
- Sexual Health
- Travel Vaccinations
- CQC Registration
Private General Practice provide a wide range of key medical services as follows:
Patient Guide 2014
Please Click for Patient Guide – PGPS Patient Guide 2014
Private General Practice Services provides a wide range of services for both Private Patients andCorporate Clients. Our services include:
- Private GP Consultations,
- Immunisations and Blood Tests
- Health Checks
- Sexual Health Screening
- Functional Medicine
- Nutrition Advice
- Mental Health Services
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Occupational Health Services for companies and professional firms.
The practice aims to provide Clients with as much time as they need to get to the root of their medical problems and to arrange appointments at times which are suitable to them and their Busy lifestyles. Appointments can usually be arranged within 24 hours.
- 24-hr blood pressure measurement
- Adult Immunisations
- Allergy Testing
- Asbestos Medicals
- Blood Tests
- Breathing tests (Spirometry)
- Cervical smears and contraception
- Children’s Immunisations (e.g. vaccines for Measles Mumps and Rubella (‘MMR’), Rotavirus, etc)
- Child Development Assessments
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (‘CBT’)
- Consultant Consultations
- Cosmetic Treatments
- CT Scans
- Depression and anxiety consultation and treatment
- Dermal Fillers
- Dietary advice and weight reduction
- Diving Medicals
- Ear syringing
- ECG Mini-Clinic (remote monitoring facility)
- Emergency medication and defibrillator on site
- Family Support Services
- Flu Immunisations
- Food allergy testing
- Functional Medicine
- Joint Injections
- Micronutrient blood analyses
- General Family Medicine
- General Medical Consultations
- Insurance and pre-employment medicals
- Health Checks to fit the individual
- Heart Risk Assessment
- HIV testing
- HGV and Taxi driver medicals
- Holistic Massage & Aromatherapy
- Insurance and pre-employment medicals
- Heart risk assessment
- Men’s medicine including heart risk assessments, lifestyle medicines, preventative medicine
- Massage – sports or therapeutic massage
- Mental Health Assessment
- MRI Scan Referrals
- Nutrition assessment and advice
- Pregnancy & Conception Advice
- Prescriptions (including lifestyle medications and medications not generally available on the NHS)
- Private GP Consultations
- Psychological Assessment
- Referral to consultants
- Referrals for CT Scans, MRI Scans, Ultrasound
- Sexual Health Advice
- Skin Chemical Peels
- Stress management, life/career planning, counselling
- Stopping smoking support
- Travel Immunisations
- Utrasound Scan Referrals
- Women’s Medicine
Consultations can be Booked with one of our Private GP’s, Nurses, Therapists, Nutritionists, Psychologists or Consultants so that you can discuss any of your Medical worries, either for yourself, your family or your work colleagues. Whatever your medical concern we aim to help you find the best available treatment that Suits you and your body.
We aim to provide an integrated health service using the very best in Traditional medicine coupled with alternative treatments and the latest tests to help you understand your body and what might help you to live a long, healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
We are able to take as Much time with you as you need to get to the root of the problem and seek to find solutions which are right for you, your family or your business.
We work with a number of consultants, therapists and Nutritionists, both in house and externally. Referrals can also be made to other consultants both locally, in London, and elsewhere, as appropriate. Our aim is always to refer you to a Consultant, therapist or clinical dietician with a reputation for providing the very best in patient care.
Private GP consultations and Private Doctor Consultations may be booked for 15mins, 30mins, 45mins or 1 hr appointments. We usually recommend a 45min first appointment as the Doctor will want to cover your medical history with you and Allow enough time to discuss your current issues.
Appointments are usually available within 48hrs. If urgent you can usually be soon on the same day. If however the doctor is away you may choose to book an Appointment with one of our Practice Nurses. Telephone Consultations are also available (but not usually for first appointments).
Fees are as per the ‘Fees’ section of this website. Blood tests, urine tests or any other tests or services are charged in addition to the Doctor consultation fee.
All private patients are required to pay their fees in cash or by credit card prior to leaving the surgery. Companies may pay on submission of our invoice subject to prior Agreement.
Consultations are Available for any of the services listed under the ‘Our Services’ section of this website but may include general, specific or chronic health problems, health checks, occupational health services, cosmetic treatments, nutritional advice and testing, as well as Mental health & wellbeing.
Referrals can be made if Necessary to our in house consultants, therapists and nutritionist or to external consultants based locally or nationally.
Referrals are also made to local hospitals for X-Ray, MRI, CT or Ultrasound scans as appropriate.
The Private GP’s working at our practice include:
· Dr Julia Piper BM, BS, BMedSci, DFFP, MRCGP, DipOccMed, DipAccMed. GMC No. 2637833
Dr Piper is the founder of the practice and has over 30 years experience as a GP. She also holds a Diploma in Occupational Medicine and a Diploma in Acupuncture. She Practices hypnotherapy and has a strong interest in functional medicine (biochemistry & nutrition).
Nurse consultations may be booked for 15mins, 30mins, 45mins or 1 hr appointments, although the majority of appointments are for 15mins or 30mins.
Our Practice Nurses carry out a range of services including:
- Nurse Consultations
- Children’s Immunisations
- Adult Immunisations
- Travel Vaccinations
- Executive Health Checks
- Blood tests, Urine tests, Height, Weight, BMI, Spirometry, Audiometry, ECG’s
- Occupational Health Checks & Tests
- Sexual Health Checks
- Cosmetic Treatments
The Nurses working at our practice include:
Vicki Hewitt, RGN
Laura Keogh, RGN
Vicki has worked in the practice since 2010. She is an experienced NHS nurse. She undertakes all of the above services.
Laura joined the practice in February 2016. She specialises in travel assessments/vaccinations and general immunisations.
The consultants working at our practice include:
· Dr Ahmed Vanker
Dr Vanker is a consultant in Clinical Psychology and NeuroPsychology. Dr Vanker is able to undertake a wide variety of psychological tests and assessments. He is available for consultations on referral from one of the Practice GP’s. He is also able to undertake Medico-Legal work on behalf of thePractice.
· Dr Sanjiv Nichani
Dr Nichani is a consultant in Paediatric Medicine. He is available for consultations dealing with any aspect of a childs health on referral from one of the Practice GP’s.
Psychological consultations are available with:
· Dr Ahmed Vanker, a consultant in clinical pysychology
Nutrition and dietary consultations are available with one of our Nutritionist:
· Shelia Storer.
Occupational Health consultations are available with:
· Dr Julia Piper, who holds a diploma in Occupational Medicine
Private General Practice Services provides health checks / health screening for private individuals and for companies wishing to provide employee health checks or Executive health checks for their staff and / or senior managers. The aim of each health assessment is four-fold:
- · to diagnose disease early (if it exists)
- · to answer any worries or concerns that you may have
- · to help increase your awareness concerning the early Symptoms and signs of illness
- · to advise you about a healthy philosophy of living both physically and emotionally.
What is Included in Your Health Check?
Immunisations and Blood Tests
Private General Practice Services carries out a wide range of private Immunisations, travel vaccinations, children’s immunisations, injections, immunotherapy treatments, swine flu vaccinations and anti viral treatments for flu, avian flu and swine flu including:
- · Travel Immunisations
- · Flu Vaccinations
- · Immunisations for Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- · Immunisations for Children (e.g. Chicken Pox, Pneumovax, Prevenar etc)
- · Cervical Cancer Screening (Smear Tests) & HPV Vaccinations against Cervical Cancer
- · Immunotherapy Treatment for Hay fever Sufferers
- · Anti Viral Treatment Against Pandemic Flu
- · Swine Flu vaccinations
All immunisations are performed under very strict guidelines.
Private General Practice Services is a UK designated Yellow Fever Immunisation Centre.
An alphabetical list of immunisations, injections, immunotherapy and anti viral treatments available are listed below:
- · Chicken Pox
- · Depo Vera
- · Diphtheria
- · Diptheria & Tetanus combined
- · Encephalitis – Japanese
- · Encephalitis (Tick born) – course of 2
- · Flu (Influenza)
- · Hay Fever immunotherapy treatment (potential full immunisation)
- · Hepatitis A
- · Hepatitis B
- · HIB vaccination (Meningitis)
- · HBVAX xPRO (Hepatitis B)
- · Inactivated polio
- · Infantrix (diphtheria, tetanus, & acellular pertussis)
- · Infantrix x IPV (as above and polio)
- · Influenza
- · Kenalog injections
- · Malaria prescriptions
- · Measles
- · Meningitis ACWY
- · Meningitis C
- · Menitorix (Hib & Meningitis C)
- · Rabies
- · Pediacel (diphtheria, tetanus, inactive polio, Hib)
- · Repevax (diphtheria low dose, tetanus, pertussis, inactive polio)
- · Pandemrix (Swine Flu Vaccination)
- · Prevenar (childrens vaccination against pneumonia)
- · Pneumovax (vaccination against Pneumonia)
- · Revaxis (diptheria low dose, tetanus, inact polio)
- · Rotarix
- · Tamiflu (anti viral treatment for Flu, Swine Flu or other Pandemic Flu)
- · Tetanus
- · Typhim
- · Typhoid
- · Polio
- · Vitamin B12 injection
- · Yellow Fever
If the immunisation, injection or other treatment you are seeking is not listed here please ask us as we are able to supply most requirements.
Private GP Services provides a wide range of blood tests and immunity tests. Results are usually available within 24 hours although some tests do take longer.
Blood Tests include:
- General Health Screening Tests (e.g. glucose, cholesterol, sodium, potassium etc)
- STD / Sexual Health Tests (e.g. HIV, Hepatitis B, Chlamydia, gonorrhoea etc)
- Allergy Tests (e.g. Igg Tests, Ige Tests)
- Cytology Tests (e.g. Cervical Smears, HPV Tests)
- Fertility Tests
- Immunology Tests (e.g. Coelic/Gluten sensitivity, Influenza, Rheumatology)
- Tropical Immunology Tests (e.g. Malaria, Yellow Fever antibody tests)
- Biochemistry Tests
- Genetic Tests (e.g. DNA testing, Prenatal tests, Hereditary Tests)
- Haematology Tests (e.g. Folate, Haemoglobin, Vitamin B12)
- Microbiology Tests (e.g. Blood Cultures, Mycoplasma/Urea plasma)
- Nutrition Tests (e.g. Vitamins, Omegas, Homocysteine)
- Occupational Health Tests (e.g. Drug and Alcohol Testing)
- Tumour Marker Tests (e.g. CA 125, Prostate)
- Endocrinology Tests (e.g. Infertility, melatonin, Serotonin, Thyroid)
- Reproductive Endocrinology (e.g. Menstrual Cycle, Infertility, Ageing)
- Virology Tests (e.g. Hepatitis A, B, C, Rubella, Varicella, Measles etc)
Occupational Health Services are provided to Companies and professional firms, both on and off site. In the pursuit of reducing costs for occupational medical practice, a data collection agency may be used to collate information, which the Medical practitioners can then interpret on behalf of both employees and companies. Occupational health Services include:
- Asbestos Medicals
- Breathing Tests (Spirometry)
- Climbing at Height Medicals
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Employee Health Checks (Doctor or Nurse Led)
- Executive Health Checks (Doctor or Nurse Led)
- Employee Medical Questionnaires designed to fit your requirements
- Flu Immunisations
- HGV & Fork Lift Truck driver medicals
- Health & Safety advice
- Health promotion: design & delivery of health promotions, e.g. – stress, RSI, etc
- Management policy development: assisting managers to promote health within the workforce
- Medical testing: urine, blood, hearing, eyes, lung function, etc
- Offshore Oil & Gas Medicals
- Overseas Medicals
- Pandemic Flu Anti Viral Treatment & Disaster Recovery Planning
- Pre-employment Questionnaires
- Pre-employment Medicals
- Private GP Consultations
- Referrals as appropriate for MRI, CT or Ultrasound scans, or to consultants
- Regular health checks for day and night workers
- Rehabilitation programmes: advice to enable employees to return to work, etc
- Sickness Absence Medicals
- Telephone support for managers, supplying specific medical advice
- Therapies involving acupuncture, hypnotherapy, reflexology and therapeutic massage
We provide both Doctor and Nurse led Cosmetic Treatments which include Muscle Relaxant (e.g. Botox) injections for frown and worry lines and dermal filler injections for lines and wrinkles, lip enhancement and lip sculpting. We also provide chemical peels, and a range of skincare products and mineral make-up. All our treatments are designed to help our clients to ‘Look and Feel Great!’ Cosmetic Treatments include:
- Dermal Fillers for:
- Facial lines & Wrinkles
- Facial Contouring
- Lip lines
- Lip sculpting
- Muscle Relaxant Injections for:
- Frown & Forehead Lines
- Hyperhydrosis (Excessive Sweating)
- Glycolic Peels / Chemical Peels for:
- fine lines & wrinkles
- uneven skin pigmentation
- Acne scarring
- Dermatologically tested Skin products for:
- Acne Healing
- Body Care
- Clinical resurfacing
- Eye Care
- Hair Care
- Lines & Wrinkles
- Post Peel Quick Recovery
- Revitalising skincare
- Skin Care
- Sun protection
- Mineral Make-Up
- Formulated with Natural Minerals
- Suitable for all skin types
- Ideal for post laser or chemical peels.
Functional Medicine is the Medicine of the future! It involves a full understanding of the biochemistry of the body and allows us to Understand your Body’s Chemistry. It can be used in conjunction with traditional medicine to diagnose and treat a wide variety of symptoms and illnesses.
Good Nutrition and Diet are also Vital in the fight to help keep our bodies Fit and Healthy. We are what we eat, so knowing what to eat and what not to eat are essential to a healthy lifestyle.
Many of us however Lack a Healthy Diet, are Deficient in vitamins and minerals, and Have Allergies which we may know nothing about!
Functional Medicine tests can be used to test for:
- Food Allergies
- Homocysteine levels (factors affecting your heart and how prone you are to illness
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Amino Acid deficiencies
- Mineral and Micronutrient deficiencies
- Omega and Fish Oil deficiencies
- Bowel Tests
- Full Biochemistry Analysis
This helps us to devise with you the means to help your body biochemistry help to heal itself.
Tests are also helpful in enabling us to Devise a Nutritious Diet suitable for your body and to provide you with vitamin, Mineral, Omega and other Supplements, thus giving you the best chance ofstaying fit and healthy for longer!
We are also able to help you with:
• Mental Health
• Diet sheets
• Healthy Eating Menus
• Referral to one of our Nutritionists
• Weight Loss Management Programme
We are able to help you identify deficiencies in your diet and provide you with supplements including:
– Amino acids
– Mineral supplements
– Omega supplements
– Vitamin supplements
which are suitable for you and which can help your body get back on the right track.
We are able to advise on a very practical level with Healthy menus and diets and offer a diet sheet review and advice service by referral from the practice doctors.
For a more in depth and analytical review of your daily Diet we are able to refer you to our Nutritionist, Lindsay Kubicki. Lindsay will analyse the tests undertaken by the practice and advise you about your diet.
We work with our clients to help them with a wide Range of medical symptoms including:
• Mental Health
• Anxiety and Depression
• Paediatric Services
• Obesity and fussy eating or poor eating
• Obesity Management
• Lipid Disorders
• Endocrinological problems
• Chronic Fatigue Symptoms
• Gastroenterological problems
• Rheumotological Problems
• Sleep Disorders
• Sports Nutrition
Your Initial Consultation
If you are seeking Advice for a physical or mental complaint we would usually advise you to have an initial consultation with one of our Doctors to discuss your medical history, any potential underlying illnesses as well your particular Nutritional issues.
“The thinking mind is Strong; add creativity and your world becomes Empowered.”
In recent years, the case for Integrating alternative therapies into mainstream medicine has gained momentum with supporters like Private General Practice Services firmly backing this development. Our belief is that mainstream medicine can work to Advise concerning the strengths and weaknesses of alternative therapies in exactly the same way as it does for orthodox medicine. We do, however,Believe that a diagnosis MUST be made before treatments begin and that serious illnesses should be excluded. Unfortunately, otherwise, any Treatment might mask an underlying problem which could Worsen with occasionally tragic consequences.
Private General Practice Services situated in Stoneygate, is the largest Private GP Practice in Leicestershire. Thanks to its successful application of Integrated Medicine, combining the excellence of traditional evidence based medicine with the creativity of alternative Therapy and also occupational medicine, this practice is leading the way in healthcare.
Whilst much is known about the Importance of traditional medicine and the evidence for its continued use, far less is known about alternative (complimentary) therapies. 25 years ago, they were considered unorthodox, but today they are very much more accepted and Openly practised. Research shows that 90% of us use them in one form or another, and we know that when correctly and safely administered by Open–Minded and trained professionals, how beneficial they can be for body, mind and spirit.
The practice is able to offer the following Integrated Therapies / Alternative Treatments:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (‘CBT’)
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (‘NLP’)
Sexual Health Checks / Sexual Health Screening
Sexual Health Screening and Sexual Health Tests are available for anyone concerned they might have caught an infection as a result of sexual Intercourse or wish to have a health check before embarking on a new Relationship. This includes Tests for HIV, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, and Chlamydia as appropriate. Instant HIV tests which give an instant result are also available.
HPV vaccinations are also available to women (and men) who wish to protect themselves from the Human Papilloma Virus (‘HPV Virus’) which is responsible for causing cervical cancer in some women.
Consultations and tests are available with either one of our Practice Nurses or Doctors.
Smear tests are also available via one of our Doctors or Nurses.
The range of tests available includes:
Male Sexual Health Screens
HPV Vaccinations / Cervical Cancer Vaccinations
Counselling and treatments are also available to assist anyone suffering with loss of libido, sexual desire, hormonal imbalances, erectile dysfunction and other sexual health issues.
Are you concerned about the mental health and wellbeing of yourself, your family, friends or relatives?
We are able to offer the services of a multi-disciplinary mental health team who are able to help with a wide range of mental health problems in both adults and children including:
- Panic Attacks
- Stress related problems
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity (ADDH)
- Neurodevelopment and Learning Problems
- Sleep problems
- Neuro-cognitive and memory disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Relationship problems
Treatments and Services offered include:
- Functional Medicine
- Psychological Assessments
- Life Coaching
- Nutrition Advice
- Neuro-linguistic Programming
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for anxiety, phobias, self-esteem, weight loss etc
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Medico-Legal Assessments
- Behavioural and relationship counselling and therapy for individuals, couples and families
- Stress management for individuals, groups and organizations
- Treatment of Stress and Anxiety related problems with Clinical Biofeedback instruments
- Psychiatric Assessments
- Private Hospital Referrals
- The practice aims to provide the highest possible quality of care to all its patients and respects the needs of its corporate clients. The practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission, the body that regulates Independent UK Healthcare, and is always open to honest and open feedback. The practice operates a complaints procedure in the event concerns cannot be dealt with adequately by the practice.
Terms & Conditions of services to be provided for patients
Working hours are from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 4.30pm on a Friday. Early morning, evening and weekend consultations are only available by mutual agreement with the Doctor. Appointments or telephone consultations between 7.00pm and 11.00pm or 7.00am and 9.00am are charged at 1.5x the normal rates and between 11pm and 7am and at weekends are charged at 2x the normal rates.
Out of hours
Emergency services are not routinely supplied by Private General Practice Services but the phone messaging system is checked on a regular basis. Out of hours arrangements are supplied for personal care clients. For more Information on our 24/7 Personal Care Service please contact a member of staff.
Under no circumstances should urgent messages be left on the answer phone.
An initial 30 minute Consultation with the General Practitioner is generally recommended. Specialist Consultations; Therapist; Health Screens; Occupational Medicals; Psychological assessments and all other appointment times vary of which will be advised at time of booking.
Patients can request appointments by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (Fax No: 0116 270 1660). Telephone Consultations are also available if appropriate.
The practice offers annual comprehensive Screening to every patient both adults and children. The health check includes a comprehensive assessment of the individual’s physical and mental health with appropriate investigations, reports and follow-up.
The Practice offers a full travel consultation prior to Immunisations to ensure that you are totally protected before you travel.
Results of Investigations
Most results are received within 24-48 hours, although some can take up to 2 weeks. The patient will be informed by telephone if the result is abnormal. A Copy of all the test results is mailed to the patient. The cost of investigations vary and will be added to your bill.
Patients on regular medication requiring repeat prescriptions may telephone, post, fax or e-mail a request. Do not wait until medication has actually run out.
Amount and Method of Payment of Charges
An up-to-date schedule of fees is noted below. Some of the fees may change annually on 1st January. Please note that some fees can change during the year.
The current fees can be found on our website at www.privategp.com.
Fees for X-rays, MRI, CT, Ultrasound scans and individual blood tests will be provided on request. It is a requirement of the Practice that no test or procedure will be carried out unless the client has been informed of the charges that will be incurred and has given their informed consent.
Almost all of our patients now pay with credit card details which can be held by us (optional). The total amount owing is payable at the time of the Consultation and before leaving the premises. Companies will be invoiced separately following prior agreement. Payment is expected from companies within two weeks of the date of invoice. See standard form of ‘Contract for the Provision of Services’.
Complaints and Compliments
The Practice welcomes all comment whether it Relates to a complaint or the satisfaction of the service Provided. In both instances you should write to the Practice to tell them about these matters.
The Practice Complaints Procedure is coordinated by Dr Julia Piper.
Complaints should be submitted as soon as possible after the event giving rise to the complaint, within 28 Working days if possible or at least within 6 months. We will try to Resolve concerns at the earliest opportunity. However, some matters may require more detailed enquiries, and in such cases Independent Investigation will be required.
We aim to report back to you within 28 working days. If this is not Possible, the reason for the delay will be Explained to you and you will be given a revised date for the completion of the Investigation.
If, following the Practice’s explanation, you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to The Independent Doctors Federation;
18 Horn Lane
Further information about the IDF process can be accessed via the following link;
Statement of Purpose
1. The Aims & Objectives of the Establishment
To provide an alternative means for the general public to receive medical consultation, examination and diagnosis by a traditionally trained General Medical Practitioner. The service is to be provided in peaceful, practical, professional and comfortable surroundings. It will be fee paying, so that clients will be able to choose the time that they require with the Medical Practitioner. The Practice will combine the very best in general medical orthodox practice with acupuncture, hypnotherapy, nutritional advice, aromatherapy, massage, physiotherapy, hypnotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and other alternative care. It provides services both on and off site to companies. Company care involves health surveillance of employees both on and off site, helping an early and appropriate return to work for employees who have been off sick, pre-employment health screening, employee and executive health checks, on site drug testing, and other services. The Practice will run alongside NHS care and will communicate effectively and frequently with the NHS General Practitioners of clients. Clients are instructed not to de-register from their NHS GP’s but to use both services as and when required. Out of hours cover is only supplied by Private General Practice Services to those patients who have registered with the “Personal Care” package. All other patients are required to retain registration with their NHS GP.
2. The Name and Address of the Registered Provider
The name and address of the registered provider is Dr Julia Piper of 3 Knighton Grange Road, Stoneygate, Leicester LE2 2LF. There is no additional registered manager and therefore the registered provider is also the registered manager. She is a member of the Medical Protection Society, No. 126083
3. The Relevant Qualifications and Experience of the Registered Provider
Dr Julia Piper is a qualified General Medical Practitioner and has undertaken continuous re-appraisal and revalidation. Her qualifications include: Bachelor of Medical Sciences 1978; Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery 1980; Member of the Royal College; General Practitioners; Diploma of Faculty Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare; The Royal college of Obstetricianist and Gynaecologists; Diploma of Occupational Medicine; Certificate of Prescribed/equivalent experience from the joint committee on Post Graudte Traning of Medical Practice; Certificate of Competence in the Medical Acupuncture received from the British Medical Acupunctual Society; Diploma in Acupuncture; Certificate of Membership, British Association of Cosmetic Doctors. Dr Julia Piper also is an elected member of the Council of Independent Doctors Federation.
Dr Julia Piper is a member of the General Medical Council,
GMC No. 2637833.
4. The Relevant Qualifications and Experience of the Staff working in the Establishment, or for the purposes of the Agency
Dr Julia Piper is the Principal Primary Care Consultant and her qualifications are listed above. She works full time in the Practice. Dr Piper’s GMC No is 2637833.
5. The Organisational Structure of the Establishment
The Practice is owned by Privategp.com Limited.
Dr Julia Piper and is the CEO and Registered Owner of Privategp.com Ltd which trades as Private General Practice Services. The Practice employs the services of other Doctors, Nurses and Clinical staff on a subcontract basis.
Blood tests are referred to laboratories as appropriate with results typically being available within 24-48 hours. MRI, CT Scans and x-rays are usually arranged at local private hospitals.
6. The kinds of treatment and any other services that are provided by Privategp.com Ltd
A detailed list of services is shown at the beginning of ‘The Patient Guide’ and includes:
• Private GP Services
• Immunisations and Blood Tests
• Health Checks
• Integrated Therapies
• Functional Medicine & Nutrition
• Cosmetic Treatments
• Occupational Health Services
• Pregnancy and Conception Advice
• Sexual Health Checks
• Mental Health & Wellbeing Services
• Neurodevelopmental assessment & treatment; Autism; ADHD; Aspergers; Tics and Tourettes.
The Practice prides itself on being a whole person centred diagnostic and management service. The spiritual, social, psychological and physical aspects of each person are fully considered. Occupational medical requirements are also provided. Integrated therapies such as Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy, Massage and Nutrition are incorporated into the heart of the Practice.
The Practice seeks to meet the needs of people to understand and know about their own bodies. It achieves this by allowing patients time in a comfortable environment with a person who is knowledgeable and can help them in most areas of their life. If the Practice is not able to provide the expertise required on-site, it will make referrals to other health professionals as appropriate.
7. The Facilities which are available for the benefit of patients
A large residential/commercial property in a pleasant residential area of Leicester with some on site parking and more off site parking nearby. Disabled access to the practice is provided by a ramp and disabled patients can be seen downstairs as appropriate, however, the practice does not have a bathroom facility for disabled persons therefore home visits take place.
Ease of access to see a doctor. Although some early morning, evening and weekend appointments are provided in order to meet the requirements of the patient, this is restricted to urgent matters only since planning permission does restrict the use of the premises to between the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm.
The Practice is a very pleasant, comfortable and clean environment is provided, which is exclusive and part of Dr Piper’s home.
There is a cloakroom, which can be used for the taking of urine specimens.
There is a very large, comfortable reception area where the patients can sit and relax whilst waiting to see the doctor.
There are three surgeries which are based in very large, comfortable rooms. They are upstairs.
Equipment used to aid diagnosis include an ECG machine; blood pressure machines including 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring; computerised spirometry; body fat percentage; full urinalysis including microalbuminuria; venepuncture facilities for the full range of diagnostic blood tests; emergency provision in the form of a defibrillator; provision of oxygen; emergency medications; aspiration machinery and resuscitation equipment.
The Practice is fully computerised having nine computers which are networked. A Private General Practice clinical system is utilised for appointment setting and to record patient notes. This helps patients as it summarises their records and treatment and also allows easy collation of data and follow up of abnormalities to take place.
8. Arrangements made for consultation with patients about the operation of Private General Practice Services
The Patient Guide is provided to all patients who visit the practice or they can download it from the Practice website at: www.privategp.com. Consultation with patients concerning the operation of the Practice takes place during the registration appointment, where the contract is clearly described. In particular, the contract which designates that they retain their NHS GP alongside a private GP is firmly designated. The Personal Care Package is available for those who do not have an NHS GP. A patient exit survey is utilised as feedback for further development of the Practice.
During registration, the Patient Guide is given to each patient and this outlines the working practices of the surgery.
The Practice does not have any in-patients and therefore arrangements being made for contact between in-patients and their relatives, friends and representatives is not relevant.
9. Arrangements for dealing with complaints
This Practice operates a procedure for the investigation of complaints.
Making your complaint to the Practice in no way prejudices your right to complain to the Care Quality Commission, however, should your complaint not be resolved to your satisfaction.
Dr Julia Piper co-ordinates the complaints procedure on behalf of the Practice.
Your complaint should be submitted as soon as possible after the event giving rise to the complaint, within 28 days if possible or at least within 6 months.
Dr Julia Piper will then ensure that all relevant details are recorded and arrange for the complaint to be investigated. We aim to report back to you within 28 days. If this is not possible, the reason for the delay will be explained to you and you will be given a revised date for the completion of the investigation.
If, following the Practice’s explanation, you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to:
Care Quality Commission
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Dr Julia A Piper’s General Medical Council Registration number is: 2637833. To confirm Dr Julia Piper’s or any other doctor’s GMC registration you can contact the General Medical Council on 0207 915 3630 look on the GMC website: http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/register/LRMP.asp e-mail: email@example.com.
10. Data Protection Act
The Practice complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. All information provided by a patient is kept confidential. A patient may request a copy of his clinical notes at any time on payment of an administration charge of between £25 to £50.
11. Arrangements for respecting the privacy and dignity of patients.
The office is completely segregated away from the Reception area and Surgery Rooms. No telephone calls can be overheard. Patients are interviewed on a one-to-one basis in the Surgery setting. The whole ambience is of relaxation and comfort. The examination couches are fully screened. The windows have full blinds and complete confidentiality is retained. Each patient is treated with respect and dignity. Gowns are provided if required.
If the patient wishes, it is possible to have a chaperone. This aspect of care is covered in the registration appointment and also in the client contract forms. No client is ever examined without their full consent. For those patients who do not speak English, consent has to be obtained via a third party, who is usually a family member, and who can translate. Translation services can usually be obtained subject to adequate notice.
All staff who work at the Practice have to sign a Confidentiality Agreement which bars them from discussing anything within the Practice with anyone other than Dr Julia Piper. We are registered by the Care Quality Commission Reg. No: 566454930
3 Knighton Grange Road
Tel: 0116 270 0373
Fax: 0116 270 1660
If you have a query or would like to email us please go to our contact us page.
If you would like to book an appointment please call us on 0116 2700 373/0116 2700 373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
February is all about matters of the heart. February is not only about Valentine's day,...19/02/2017
Now we know the ladies can't grow thick, fluffy whiskers but you can still join...11/11/2016
We are excited to announce a new addition to our PGPS family. As of November...02/11/2016